AIMKids Missionary Moments are designed to be a resource for Sunday School Teachers / Youth leaders, to help kids relate to the life of an MK (Missionary Kid). They’re intentionally short because we know you already have a lot of material to cover.
5 Fun Facts about French Fashion
- Denim Jeans: Originated in the French city of Nîmes. To say “from Nîmes” in French you say… “de Nîmes” … see the ressemblance with denim? Denim jeans were imported to California (by Levi Strauss) to furnish mine-workers with durable work pants.
- Haute-Couture vs. Prêt-à-Porter: These are two types of French clothing… Haute Couture means tailor-made (and very expenseive). Prêt-a-Porter means ready to wear (and affordable).
- Big Hair: King Louis the Fourteenth started the trend of men wearing big wigs of curly hair (ugh!). He did it to cover up his own balding head and then people in his palace had to follow the king’s lead… that’s how style works!
- Less is More: They say that if you want to dress in French-style, go for something simple and uncomplicated. Scarves (think “infinity scarf” girls) add a very french-flare
- Famous Names: Name brands define the value and popularity of many articles of clothing. The bigger the name brand – the more money you have to pay for them. Do you recognize the names: Chanel, Dior, Yves St. Laurent (YSL), Louis Vuitton? They are all from France.
Pray that we (you in your church and us in France) will be like French Fashion:
- Denim: That God will give us the strength to be hard-working for Him!
- Prêt-à-Porter: that we not be unreachable but available to help everyone who needs help knowing Jesus.
- Big Hair: That we will not just follow the silly trends of the world, but only those styles that please God.
- Less is More: That our simple life will be attractive and appealing to those around us… that they notice us because of our love for God.
- Famous Names: We have the BEST brand name EVER when we wear the name of Jesus. That gives us the highest value of all!
- If your students have specific questions, please done hesitate to email us and we’d be happy to respond specifically.
- Please let your kids know that by praying for us regularly, THEY TOO are part of taking Jesus’ love to France… they’re part of missions!