As the first Sunday of 2014 draws to a close, we have had quite a day! We heard what has been stirring in Pastor’s heart concerning the direction of this great church during the next couple of years, and you have heard what has been stirring in my heart – in our hearts – looking ahead to 2015-2016. You, MissionPoint family, will undoubtedly be the first to discover AIMLong.ca as nothing about our plans had been made public prior to sharing them with you.
Let me give you a quick tour of the site so you’ll know what to expect.
This site will be central hub of communication for our AIM appointment and information is primarily divided into two types:
- Pages (information that will not change frequently)
…describing the basic details such as where we’ll be, who we’ll be working with, budget targets etc. can be found in the following categories (also visible on top menu).
- Blog Posts (information that changes regularly or blog updates)
… this will, for the most part, be shared in The Blog section and will be sorted out by date. This section also includes some of my thoughts on Short-Term Missions Involvement in general.Who? This section will be of interest to those already aware of the project and wanting to stay up to date: with the progress of preparations prior to departure and with happenings on the field.
In terms of navigating the site there are also a few tips that can help:
- There is a search function in the top-left corner of the site. If you are looking for certain key words, this may help.
- On the blog section, you can look for hints in the right-hand margin of the page that will help. There is a calendar of blog posts (allowing you to search posts by date) and there is a list of recent posts immediately beneath.
- If you want to Follow the Blog (or get updates automatically delivered to you):
Worpress Users: There is a “follow AIMLong“ button
Want to follow via email? Scroll to the bottom and look in the left corner for the option of following via email. (This option allows new posts to be sent to you directly via email)
- They say that a picture is worth a 1000 words, so Our France at a Glance (in the right margin) will give you a quick look at our experiences there to-date, through photos.
MissionPoint… You are, without question, part of who I am today… who we are as a family. Thank you for teaching me, in word and through example, what it is to be apostolic. This AIM appointment is as much about you as it is about me. I have said it before and I’ll say it again.Our involvement in France is not about “MY/OUR ministry” but about being an extension of the ministry of this church. Our church… it’s YOUR ministry also. So Let’s minister… let’s impact France… Together!
We love you MissionPoint!
Click the Twitter-bird to share this post via Twitter: