(Written Feb. 2, 2019)
I must be getting old. Today (Saturday) was…
– a sleep-in day… until 11am, (How’d THAT happen!?)
– a catch-my-breath day… (the “motor” never left 1st gear)
– a productive day… (see below) and finally…
– a chandeleur day … click here to learn more.
In all that, I’m thankful for…
- First and foremost… a great big GoodThing came in the form of a text message from a friend. She only ever came to church a handful of times but her husband used to come regularly. The last time we saw him, though, was over a year and a half ago. She asked about service tomorrow and they are planning to come as a family. Very cool & we’re thankful for that!
- Our garage is a bit of a disaster – lots of stuff (including disorder) and not enough shelving. YET… this afternoon we had to bring the ladder back from the church so we could put away the Christmas Tree and since I was already out in the garage anyway, I set to organizing one area of it – chucking some stuff and organizing others. Reclaimed a good chunk of floorspace from the mess! That small sense of accomplishment feels good.
- At church we have a big old corkscrew willow. The growth habit is such that branches curl – hence the name – and give it a interesting look during Winter and early Spring when there are no leaves. It’s a tree that ages quickly though, meaning that not only are there a number of dead branches, but it needs some good pruning in general. I got a couple of branches pulled down today. Small, baby steps are still progress. 🙂
(Wondering why the #3GoodThings posts… click here)