AIMKids Missionary Moments are designed to be a resource for Sunday School Teachers / Youth leaders, to help kids relate to the life of an MK (Missionary Kid). They’re intentionally short because we know you already have a lot of material to cover.
5 Fun Facts about the Eiffel Tower
- Originally just a big gate: It was intended as a temporary gate for the 1889 World’s Fair, but people liked it so much… it’s still up today!
- Tons of Paint! Every 7 years, maintenance workers apply 50-60 tons of paint to the Eiffel Tower to protect the metal tower from rusting.
- A Big Radio & TV Antenna: Several radio & TV stations broadcast their signals from the top of the Eiffel Tower, the tallest building in Paris (81 stories) which is taller than the Washington Monument & St. Louis Gateway Arch (see below).
- People people & more people! Since it’s construction in 1889, over 250 million people have visited the tower (6 million alone in 2012).
- Hungry? If you get really hungry while on the tower, there is a restaurant on the 2nd floor…. but beware, the cost is between $120 and $300 per person! WOW!
Praye that we (you in your church and us in France) will be like the Eiffel Tower:
- Gate: that through us, people will see and come to know Jesus.
- Protected: That we will take care of our “outside appearance” to protect the “core” of who we are.
- Antenna: That we will send “signals” that communicate Jesus’ love to others.
- People: That God will bring us into contact with lots of people…
- Feeding people: …lots of hungry people that we can nourish with the love of God.
Want a neat kids activity?
Compare the Eiffel Tower and the St. Louis Gateway Arch.
(image credit: The Peoria Chronicle)
- If your students have specific questions, please done hesitate to email us and we’d be happy to respond specifically.
- Please let your kids know that by praying for us regularly, THEY TOO are part of taking Jesus’ love to France… they’re part of missions!