AIMKids Missionary Moments are designed to be a resource for Sunday School Teachers / Youth leaders, to help kids relate to the life of an MK (Missionary Kid). They’re intentionally short because we know you already have a lot of material to cover.
The Tour de France is a test of…
- Endurance: The race is 23 days long, but racers spend 21-days on their bikes
- Distance: In those 21 days they cover 3,500 Kilometers (France uses the metric system) or 2,200 miles.
- Flexibility: Cyclists have to be good on flat ground (9 days), hilly ground (5 days), mountain roadways (6 days), and high altitude roadways (5 days).
And it leads to…
A Great Finish: No matter where the race takes them in France, the finish line is ALWAYS on the Champs Elysées in Paris. They cross the finish line and get a reward to the cheers of thousands of spectators.
Pray that we (you in your church and us in France) will be like racers in the Tour de France:
- Endurance: That even though it might get uncomfortable at times… we will stick with it to the end!
- Distance: We never know where God’s will will take us… we can go far and do great things for God.
- Flexibility: That we will stay faithful to God in all circumstance: good times or bad, easy days or tough.
Even the Bible compares the Christian life to a race and gives us the key to finishing well!
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
- If your students have specific questions, please done hesitate to email us and we’d be happy to respond specifically.
- Please let your kids know that by praying for us regularly, THEY TOO are part of taking Jesus’ love to France… they’re part of missions!